Sign up to receive announcements and tips from our Enterprise Applications Community of Practice.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Warehouse Management (WMS)
- Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Digital Asset Management (DAM)
- Content Management (CMS)
- Enterprise Portals
- Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Reporting
- Federal and State Government
- Higher Education
- Private and Public For-Profit
In a partnership with the 16th largest advisory firm in the country, supplementing the efforts of the IV&V team within the Federal practice on a major public sector healthcare project.
Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA)
Industry: Non-Profit, Government
- As the technical PM, worked with Booz|Allen|Hamilton and IBM Global Services on a Oracle EBS implementation including BPM, requirements gathering, creation/analysis of application footprint for the organization and the managing of relevant tasks/milestones.
- As the QA Manager, led a team of three analysts in the creation of standards and best practices for data cleansing and end-to-end data integration within the larger ERP project. This included the creation of an overall data governance plan.
- As the PM, supported the manager of Applications and Development by managing multiple projects at all levels of the organization to ensure data standards and best practices were met. Duties include meeting with shareholders to create requirements, working with developers to scope out application, managing UA testing, creating and reviewing documentation using industry standard tools and overseeing final push to production. Select projects include turning around a failing HRIS implementation to a successful conclusion and the complete modernization/integration of Treasury applications and data.
Enterprise Content Management System (CMS)
Industry: Higher Education, State Government
We wrapped a CMS implementation project within a few months, which later led to a reboot of the project — including scope adjustment, proper requirements analysis, and vendor selection. In this engagement, we performed two, 30-day pilots (at no cost from the vendors) to evaluate the merits of each system, then selected a winner. From there, we successfully planned and implemented the CMS, which serves a population of more than 30,000 users.
ERP, HRIS, Enterprise Reporting, Digital Asset Management
Industry: Private, for-profit Entertainment
From early-2003 until late-2005, John lead the largest implementation of the Lawson ERP on Windows:
- Re-architected server hardware to improve performance, stability, and quality of testing
- Project Managed the functional re-implementation of Human Resources and Payroll
- Project Managed the implementation and deployment of an Enterprise Reporting solution, that was both highly performant and highly secure. Included reporting against Legacy iSeries Inventory Control System and custom Operations Management System
Business Process Re-Engineering, CRM Implementation, ERP Implementation
Industry: Non-Profit Association, Print Publishing
A long term initiative for a Non-Profit that realized their goal of shifting from complete analog publication of their magazine to complete digital publication:
- John developed a system to accept papers electronically and convert to digital format. They were then checked in to the existing, in-house system that tracked papers through their review process. This same system was used to made digital files suitable for print publication.
- John lead the requirements analysis and technical implementation of a federated Customer Relationship Management System, which became the cornerstone of the formerly paper-based sales process.
- Virginia and John migrated a legacy financial system off a failing server to an industry standard, vendor supported server. This not only paid for itself in maintenance savings, but provided the user community enough time to migrate comfortably to a new ERP system.
- John participated in the selection of, and lead the technical implementation of a new ERP system. Virginia led both the data cleansing as well as the ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) project for the source data system into the new ERP system.